Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a few questions about Digital Step-Km Counter circuit/help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Ethic youd better answer simple question rather than googling me and post others personal info.
please delete your ethical post
im really not happy to see it here if it was completely right
ya i got all but "how the dot of D1 light up every 32 pulses counted by IC2?whats the rule of Q2?"
and please do not judge others such easily

Last edited:
how the dot of D1 light up every 32 pulses counted by IC2? whats the role of Q2?
Transistor Q2 drives the dot of D1. I don't see a current-limiting resistor so maybe it will burn out.
Inverter IC1D drives Q2.
The datasheet of IC2 (CD4024 counter) shows that its pin 4 output is its divide-by-64 output.

EDIT: the output of the counter has been corrected.

Last edited:
Transistor Q2 drives the dot of D1. I don't see a current-limiting resistor so maybe it will burn out.
Inverter IC1D drives Q2.
The datasheet of IC2 (CD4024 counter) shows that its pin 4 output is its divide-by-32 output.

ok so how dose it count 100 m (64 steps or pulses)?the pin 3 is not connected

datasheet attached

Attachments

• hef4024b.pdf
    42.5 KB · Views: 151
Sorry, I made an error. Pin 4 of the counter has an output each 64 counts.
Then display D1 will indicate "1".

I'm sorry for laughing but I couldn't help it. I was reading down the thread, thinking "Gee I bet he is running out of time to get his homework assignment in" and the very last post was you saying;

check my answer please.i have no time

:eek: :D

ok.how about 32 steps?
The text of the project tells you what happens at 64 steps (a dot on one display lights) and at 128 steps (one display shows 1) but doesn't say that anything happens at only 32 steps.

I don't know why two steps makes one clock pulse.

I'm sorry for laughing but I couldn't help it. I was reading down the thread, thinking "Gee I bet he is running out of time to get his homework assignment in" and the very last post was you saying;

:eek: :D
ok
time got over yesterday im just here for learning and other things:)
it was not really an assignment i just answered unexpected question that was out of my knowledge and their teachings.

The text of the project tells you what happens at 64 steps (a dot on one display lights) and at 128 steps (one display shows 1) but doesn't say that anything happens at only 32 steps.

I don't know why two steps makes one clock pulse.

sorry its for insomnia. i meant 128 step or 64 pulses.64 steps or 32 pulses .both D1 dot & pin 1 are connected to output of IC1D directly and via Q2.i wonder how it can count both 50 & 100 m?

im reading mercury switch function when it finished may i give my opinion.

thanks again

Last edited:
Mercury switch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
let see
in walking one foot change in its position in first step and in second step it return to primary position
the switch in first step change the previous state for example change 0 (low) to 1 (high) and in second step change 1 to 0.it is one pulse

i think so and im not sure

you can watch walking online and put its link here

both D1 dot & pin 1 are connected to output of IC1D directly and via Q2. I wonder how it can count both 50 & 100 m?
It is time for you to do some simple research and answer your own questions.
1) When the dot is lighted then is the output of IC1D high or low?
2) When IC3 is reset are its outputs displaying anything?
3) When IC3 begins to display "1" is its pin 1 going high or going low?

It is time for you to do some simple research and answer your own questions.
1) When the dot is lighted then is the output of IC1D high or low?
2) When IC3 is reset are its outputs displaying anything?
3) When IC3 begins to display "1" is its pin 1 going high or going low?
hi friend .apology for my long delay
1:low
2:0
3:going to high since it work with low to high transition

i had busy days and mind.i did not analyze Q2 function.i just answered to questions and some guesses ...
like when out put IC1D is low Q2 is in common base condition and Vbe is provided & dot light up
so dot light up every 64 pulses after 32 pulses the drive IC3

**broken link removed**

Q1 and Q2 are not common-base. They are common-emitter.

You can analyse the circuit until you are as tired of it as I am, or you can build it to see how it works.

Q1 and Q2 are not common-base. They are common-emitter.

You can analyse the circuit until you are as tired of it as I am, or you can build it to see how it works.

I built it
i will analyze it completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back