A/D etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

10bit A/D

could some one explain me what they say whit this??

is this simple de accurancy of reading of a voltage..???

for example.. 1,236599875465 volts..??/

and what means 10MIPS

does this mean that is can do 10milion times a second one command.???

TKS

TKS said:
10bit A/D

could some one explain me what they say whit this??

is this simple de accurancy of reading of a voltage..???

for example.. 1,236599875465 volts..??/

No, it's the resolution of the converter, and refers to the number of bits (binary) used - so 10 bit can go from B'0000000000' to B'1111111111'. which is 0-1023 decimal. An 8 bit A2D goes from 0-255.

and what means 10MIPS

does this mean that is can do 10milion times a second one command.???

MIPS is 'Million Instructions Per Second', it's likely to be quoted using the fastest command the processor can execute (usually different commands take different amounts of time).

A/D

soow if i want to measure very accurate a voltage should i then make the sheme soow that is use low voltages..???

for example 1,236

and not 23,35 ??

or can you give a good example, i will take a look @ your site (i allready imagine that you forward me to it.)

TKS

Re: A/D

Yes I would :lol:

My latest tutorial is about using the 10 bit A2D in PIC processors, and I discuss the reasons behind the choices I make.

Basically with a 10 bit A2D you potentially have around 0.1% resolution, you can scale the input to give any voltage range you want - but the output will always be 0-1023, you can multiply/divide this to give the correct voltage readings.

While it's potentially 0.1%, you're not going to achieve that in practice, for that matter how would you calibrate it? - but generally that degree of accuracy isn't required.

ok.

a 10 bit a/d is 2^10=1024 levels

so if your input range 0v-5v, you divide 5 by 1024 = 4.88mv per level

by having a higher bit rate you reduce you QN ratio.

that is the errror due to rounding the voltage level tothe nearest level.
we a/d you can usually set a refence level to set you range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…