Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A/D Converter related question

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Design and build a project using counters or registers." sums it up
but isnt there one that would be compatible? i mean, how come the TL507 works in that design?

TL507, TL507C
7-bit PWM output analog-to-digital converter.
Only one of the two power supply pins should be used, 3.5V < VCC < 6V;
8V < VDD < 18V. At VCC=5V the analog input range is 1.3V < AIN < 3.9V,
or about 25%...75%. The RST pin can be used to synchronize the output
signal to an external counter; otherwise leave RST tied to VCC.

+----------+
EN |1 +--+ 8| RST
CLK |2 TL 7| VDD
GND |3 507 6| VCC
/OUT |4 5| AIN
+----------+

Is the result of the first search result from Google.

It's from TI check this one: **broken link removed**
You have to find another part ... ...

Last edited:
appleseed said:
"Design and build a project using counters or registers." sums it up
but isnt there one that would be compatible? i mean, how come the TL507 works in that design?

Plenty would be compatible with TTL, but just not made using TTL techniques.

what are you trying to say?
If i find another chip (preferably one that has an internal clock pulse generator) and use it instead of the 507, will it work?

Try this one: **broken link removed**

Compare both datasheets for compatibility in function. Certainly not pins.

appleseed said:
what are you trying to say?
If i find another chip (preferably one that has an internal clock pulse generator) and use it instead of the 507, will it work?

Only if it's got exactly the same requirements as the original one, you would need to check the dtasheets.

To be honest though, I wouldn't have thought it's a very good example of the criteria for your project?.

yes i know. but the past month i'm trying to find a project. first i had this idea for a frequency divider, but someone else beat me to it. then i thought of building an up and down counter 0-99 sec but "its too common". everything else i tried has been built in the past.
you must understand that there are no specifications at all for the project's nature. Just that if it doesnt contain counters it will be graded with a maximum of 8/10

appleseed said:
yes i know. but the past month i'm trying to find a project. first i had this idea for a frequency divider, but someone else beat me to it. then i thought of building an up and down counter 0-99 sec but "its too common". everything else i tried has been built in the past.
you must understand that there are no specifications at all for the project's nature. Just that if it doesnt contain counters it will be graded with a maximum of 8/10

How about using a PLL?, is CMOS logic OK, or does it have to be TTL?.

Use a counter in the feedback round the PLL and it will multiply the input frequency by the ratio of the counter divider.

Complete other project

I ever made a fuel consuption meter for my domestic burner. It has a counter, divider, and 7segment display.
When the fuel valve is activated, the divider count pulses from the main power (50Hz). When the number of pulses for 1dl is reached the counter is incremented.
I used 4.5V battery to keep counter and divider value during power failure.
Interested? I can provide you the schematic, your job is to read and understand the datasheets of divider and counter, figure out how to configure the meter for specific fuel consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back