Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

9v power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your continued patience, both of you!

I think my best option is to get a 12v SLA, charge it with one of these multi-output-voltage PSUs, and use the SLA to power the camera, with a DC/DC regulator to step it down to 8~9v. I'm assuming that the SLA will not mind a cheap-and-cheerful PSU which is noisy and which is likely to go above 12v from time to time. (I'm going to buy meself a new multimeter, BTW -- haven't the courage to face the loft!)

This is probably a case of a little learning being dangerous, though. I don't have the technical confidence to know whether what I'm proposing is sensible, or the know-how to measure whether anything I come up with is sensible -- that's why I came to this forum for help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back