Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

90-264V AC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubble

Hello,

I am new to this forum so hello everyone :) I'm a lover of electronic goods and I experiment with microprocessors such as the Arduino and want to build on my knowledge of electronics further using this forum.

I have a quick question about power supplies, I have never encountered something that says this before:

90-264V AC

also this is quite baffling: PSU-V-OEM

Does anyone know what either of these things mean, I have found this info of this website:

**broken link removed**

The wide input AC voltage range suggests that it is a "Switching Power Supply"
PSU = Power Supply Unit
OEM= Original Equipment Manufacturer

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the answer, what would a switching power supply mean, I have an ac-ac adaptor 230V ac 500mA which can go from 3v to 15v would that be a switching power supply?

How much does it weigh? If it is a lb or more, then it contains a transformer; i.e. not a switcher.

Ahh, I think it must have a transformer inside because it's quite hefty, it would fit in the palm of your hand nicely so I think it must have a transformer inside or maybe a decepticon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back