Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8x8 LED Matrix using 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydemon2008

Hi guys, i'm planning on displaying words through two 8x8 LED Matrix using 8051 microcontroller and C programming. i would like to make the words to move as well.
My problem is for the coding part, what type of statement that i should use in writing the code? or do anyone has the related sample C language code that can share with me?
thx.. :)

Can't help you with either C or 8051, but you might find it helpful to study my 8x8 PIC tutorial? - if nothing else you can 'steal' my character set (I stole it from the Hitachi LCD modules!).

Hi guys, i'm planning on displaying words through two 8x8 LED Matrix using 8051 microcontroller and C programming. i would like to make the words to move as well.
My problem is for the coding part, what type of statement that i should use in writing the code? or do anyone has the related sample C language code that can share with me?
thx.. :)

I have designed a Rolling Display using LED matrix display.

If anyone interested in it, then please visit:
www.projectsof8051.com/projects/06-rolling-display-using-matrix-leds.html

Let me know if you need any more help

do we need to use logic gate ics or decoders or timer/counter ics.... please guide me in this..... thanks in advance....

why latch ic is required
can't we use the flashing logic over there ?
and can we use 4:16 decoder, so as to increase the character count in the display ?

why latch ic is required
can't we use the flashing logic over there ?
and can we use 4:16 decoder, so as to increase the character count in the display ?

you can use flashing logic but then programming will increase
to avoid this, use latch ics...

and yes, u can use 4:16 decoder...
I have used 3:8 decoder and have created 64 columns which means 12 characters (considering 7 by 5 matrix for each character)

you can use flashing logic but then programming will increase
to avoid this, use latch ics...

and yes, u can use 4:16 decoder...
I have used 3:8 decoder and have created 64 columns which means 12 characters (considering 7 by 5 matrix for each character)

hello rushi53, thanks for providing this information...
can you provide circuit diagram here... so that I can develop circuit easily and fastly...

Rushi53, stop trying to sell your kit, your website only provides basic information about how you went about your project. If you have anything that can actually help him. I.e. source codes or schematics, feel free to help.

Rushi53, stop trying to sell your kit, your website only provides basic information about how you went about your project. If you have anything that can actually help him. I.e. source codes or schematics, feel free to help.

Hi birdman0_o
sorry I didn't post the circuit diagram.
Today I have uploaded the circuit digram :)

Note: Some modifications are necessary for the simple understanding of the circuit diagram. I will do them and will let u know.

Please revisit the page for circuit diagram.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back