Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

822 or 951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like I have seen the above numbering system before and can not quite recall it. 822 is the number and it is like an "inhouse" number designated to the specific brand product. 951 is the manf date(1st week of 1995) The transistor is very likely a general purpose NPN transistor such as 2N4401, MPSA06...etc. If I remember right, the color bands on the back was used to indicate the gain of the device and was mainly used in front end matching. (in this case 82)
You can always use a curve tracer to look at the actual characteristic of the device.
Was this part of an excess inventory?

I can't remember where it came from. It's been in my collection for a long time. Radio Shack? In fact, second week of 1982 sounds more likely to be the date code. My multimeter confirms it's an NPN, and the gain is 260.

So by "inhouse" you mean a company other nation National Semi?

The part is National but the number might be HP. A big company some times has their numbers put on the parts. "inhouse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back