Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8086 Assembly language

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

I need help on how to write a program to increment counter on leds every one second automatically and when i press one of the pushbutton, it will alternately pause and continue counting . Please advise
Any samples for me to have a look at the programming

shermaine said:
I need help on how to write a program to increment counter on leds every one second automatically and when i press one of the pushbutton, it will alternately pause and continue counting . Please advise

Is this on a PC?, or are you planning building an 8086 computer?.

shermaine said:

What are you looking for? A tutorial on 8086 assembly language?

How are the input (pushbutton), logic (counter) and output (LEDs) connected to the 8086?

8086@_@ ........Sounds like an archeology question :D

Yes,you need to be determine all neccessary addresses for your hardware first.

Anyway,why bother using 8086?Are you trying to develope an 8086 language based microsystem?I've seen some microprocessors still using this architecture.

basically, how to i write a asembly program displaying 5 digit random number on the five 7-segment LEDs and automatically incremented by one every second whenever pushbutton 3 is pressed. Pressing push button 4 shall alternately pause and continue the counting. Is there any sample program which i can have a look? Please advise. Thanks!

shermaine said:
basically, how to i write a asembly program displaying 5 digit random number on the five 7-segment LEDs and automatically incremented by one every second whenever pushbutton 3 is pressed. Pressing push button 4 shall alternately pause and continue the counting. Is there any sample program which i can have a look? Please advise. Thanks!

You're demanding answers to your homework,aren't you? :D

As is described above,you MUST have a pre-established hardware system that allows you to do this.E.g an 8086 minimum system with ROM,RAM,I/O and timer chips to allow you to run the routine.Then you need to hook up the LED as well as the buttons on the data lines of the I/O.You must determin the address of each byte before you can do that.Even with this information.It's still much unlikely for you to find the specific sample program.There're basic modules you can refer to.But not dedicated routines for you.

shermaine said:

So you're actually using a bare 8086 processor? And you don't know x86 assembly?

You realize your question is like going up to a airplane pilot and ask him : "hey, how do I fly a 747?" You're just gonna get a blank stare.

So here is my blank stare :shock:

Good luck with your homework anyhow.

shermaine said:
Hmm ... this smells like an fpga project.
Anyway, here's a relatively simple guide to assembly for beginners.
http://www.geocities.com/emu8086/Help/asm_tutorial_01.html

shermaine said:
hi,

the weblink doesn't seem to exist anymore????

Here's what I am using right now to teach myself x86 assembly :

The Art of Assembly Language Programming, by Randall Hyde
**broken link removed**

It's great and completely free. It can be browsed online or downloaded as convenient PDFs, has different versions for Win32, Linux or Dos, and a hardcopy can be bought if you prefer that.

Good reading.

I need to construct an address decoding circuitry on an ISA adapter card for decoding the I?O devices. The I/O devices consist of five 7-segment LEDs, one 16-segment LED and eight push buttons. The 16-bit data bus is for data transfer, and I/O map for I?O devices. The I/O address for 16-segment LED is 300H-301H and I/O address for 5 x 7 segment LEDS is 302H-306H and I/O address for 8 x push button is 307H (D8-D15)
I need to do a auntomatic incremental counter ( how sould the program be like for this part)? A 5 digit random number shall be displayed on the five 7 -segnebt LEDs and automtically incremented by one every second whenever pushbutton 3 is pressed. Any one can advise me on this part's programming? Thanks!!!

Attachments

• p312_manual_page_16.jpg
    p312_manual_page_16.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 896
shermaine said:
My hardware is per attached. I need to construct an address decoding circuitry on an ISA adapter card for decoding the I?O devices. The I/O devices consist of five 7-segment LEDs, one 16-segment LED and eight push buttons. The 16-bit data bus is for data transfer, and I/O map for I?O devices. The I/O address for 16-segment LED is 300H-301H and I/O address for 5 x 7 segment LEDS is 302H-306H and I/O address for 8 x push button is 307H (D8-D15)
I need to do a auntomatic incremental counter ( how sould the program be like for this part)? A 5 digit random number shall be displayed on the five 7 -segnebt LEDs and automtically incremented by one every second whenever pushbutton 3 is pressed. Any one can advise me on this part's programming? Thanks!!!

Are you making any progress learning x86 assembly language? What does your code look like so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back