Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrinah

Hi
I want to design a building security & access control system using a 8051 microcontroller family. the circuit should consists of a keypad(for entering a code),LCD(to display the instructions),timers and counters(to record the time) & the interrupts. Can anyone pls help me with the ideas & the design

may I can help

sabrinah said:
Hi
I want to design a building security & access control system using a 8051 microcontroller family. the circuit should consists of a keypad(for entering a code),LCD(to display the instructions),timers and counters(to record the time) & the interrupts. Can anyone pls help me with the ideas & the design
hiii sabrinah , how are you... in fact I have done a project looks like what you are asking about... but I have used the 16f877 family it was very nice...
I advice you to use this kind of PIC , it has many options inside...
my project was controlling devices inside the house while you are outside using your mobile . after calling you should enter the code then you can control and device just by pressing your mobile keypad...if you are interesting let me know Iak ready to help

I also am about to start a project similar to this. But its more of a residential use. I wanted to know you said to use 16f877 family right. Also in a sercurity system there are zones and such. Would these be related to the i/o pins? Like what do you think would be a good place to start to learn more on this?

Also how would i go about making something like with a address to it? Like a certain door or window? If i use a magnet break switch.(dont know the name lol) Can i make a small pcb like a relay type to send the location of the current open switch to the main board. If so or if similar can someone please help me out with some links and info.

Thanks in advance. (i hope you understand what i wrote lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back