I was looking at those first three chips, but the data sheets were kind of vauge on the cascading. I guess I'll play around with them until it works.kinjalgp said:If I am not mistaken you can cascade two 74LS193s to form 8-bit Up Counter.
You can use these Philips ICs
1) 74F269 8-Bit Bidirectional Binary Counter
2) 74F579 8-Bit Bidirectional Binary Counter; 20-Pin (3-State)
3) 74F779 8-Bit Bidirectional Binary Counter; 16-Pin (3-State)
4) 74HC40103 5V 8-Bit Synchronous Binary Down Counter
5) 74HCT40103 5V 8-Bit Synchronous Binary Down Counter; TTL Enabled
For other ICs in this range visit http://www.philipslogic.com/products/counters/all/