74LS07N and 7407!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

hello

it seems there is two kind of 7407's
7407 and 74LS07

i want to make a circuit, the IC there is 7407 but i have the LS version i want to see if there is any difference between them????

can i use LS kind?

thanks for any help

epilot said:
hello

it seems there is two kind of 7407's
7407 and 74LS07

i want to make a circuit, the IC there is 7407 but i have the LS version i want to see if there is any difference between them????

can i use LS kind?

Usually you can without any problem, the LS is a 'better' version, faster and lower power. The only problems that occur is if the original chip was being used in some strange non-standard way? - but this is fairly uncommon with TTL.

Hi Nigle and thanks like always

but i have a data book the exactly thing i am seeing at it now is that 7407 is an buffer but 74LS07 is an invertor buffer?

do you think that the book writing is wrong?

epilot said:
Hi Nigle and thanks like always

but i have a data book the exactly thing i am seeing at it now is that 7407 is an buffer but 74LS07 is an invertor buffer?

do you think that the book writing is wrong?

Yes, they are both open-collector inverter buffers.

Would this be for a PIC Programmer?, I've used both the 7407 and the 74LS07 in P16PRO40 designs.

yes it is for this programmer
**broken link removed**

after unsuccessat the before 16f84 programmer i desided to make this one that is a parallel port hardware too and hop could use from it with winpic and icprog...

epilot said:
yes it is for this programmer
**broken link removed**

after unsuccessat the before 16f84 programmer i desided to make this one that is a parallel port hardware too and hop could use from it with winpic and icprog...

This is the exact schematic I used to build my first programmer. It's just the Classic David Tait design with one pull-down resistor added. It's gonna work fine with any 7407...

No. Both 7407 and 74LS07 are open-collector BUFFER. The 7406 is an open-collector inverter BUFFER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…