Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74LS07N and 7407!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

hello

it seems there is two kind of 7407's
7407 and 74LS07

i want to make a circuit, the IC there is 7407 but i have the LS version i want to see if there is any difference between them????

can i use LS kind?

thanks for any help

epilot said:
hello

it seems there is two kind of 7407's
7407 and 74LS07

i want to make a circuit, the IC there is 7407 but i have the LS version i want to see if there is any difference between them????

can i use LS kind?

Usually you can without any problem, the LS is a 'better' version, faster and lower power. The only problems that occur is if the original chip was being used in some strange non-standard way? - but this is fairly uncommon with TTL.

Hi Nigle and thanks like always

but i have a data book the exactly thing i am seeing at it now is that 7407 is an buffer but 74LS07 is an invertor buffer?

do you think that the book writing is wrong?

epilot said:

but i have a data book the exactly thing i am seeing at it now is that 7407 is an buffer but 74LS07 is an invertor buffer?

Yes, they are both open-collector inverter buffers.

Would this be for a PIC Programmer?, I've used both the 7407 and the 74LS07 in P16PRO40 designs.

yes it is for this programmer
**broken link removed**

after unsuccessat the before 16f84 programmer i desided to make this one that is a parallel port hardware too and hop could use from it with winpic and icprog...

epilot said:
yes it is for this programmer
**broken link removed**

after unsuccessat the before 16f84 programmer i desided to make this one that is a parallel port hardware too and hop could use from it with winpic and icprog...

This is the exact schematic I used to build my first programmer. It's just the Classic David Tait design with one pull-down resistor added. It's gonna work fine with any 7407...

Nigel Goodwin said:
epilot said:

Yes, they are both open-collector inverter buffers.

No. Both 7407 and 74LS07 are open-collector BUFFER. The 7406 is an open-collector inverter BUFFER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back