Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74LS04 - 74LS05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardoco

I am building the P16PRO microcontroler programmer and i need a 74lso4 all i can find in my workshop is a 74ls05 ive looked at the data sheets but still cant tell if i can use it.. any help would be most helpfull and i will think you are great!! :D

Ricardoco said:
I am building the P16PRO microcontroler programmer and i need a 74lso4 all i can find in my workshop is a 74ls05 ive looked at the data sheets but still cant tell if i can use it.. any help would be most helpfull and i will think you are great!! :D

It needs to be an open-collector buffer chip, inverting or not doesn't matter, you can set the software accordingly.

It needs to be an open-collector buffer chip, inverting or not doesn't matter, you can set the software accordingly.
well its the same pin out and it is open collector so i assume that it will be ok...

Ricardoco said:
well its the same pin out and it is open collector so i assume that it will be ok...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups

well i like your reply lol so tell more..... ive got so many i/c's in my workshop i just havnt sorted them yet (dad left them to me) besides im blind as a bat!!!

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups
LOL

if the pinout matches, just find the datasheet for chip you have
and see if the outptut type is open collector. it's a good excercise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back