74LS04 - 74LS05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardoco

I am building the P16PRO microcontroler programmer and i need a 74lso4 all i can find in my workshop is a 74ls05 ive looked at the data sheets but still cant tell if i can use it.. any help would be most helpfull and i will think you are great!!

Ricardoco said:
I am building the P16PRO microcontroler programmer and i need a 74lso4 all i can find in my workshop is a 74ls05 ive looked at the data sheets but still cant tell if i can use it.. any help would be most helpfull and i will think you are great!!

It needs to be an open-collector buffer chip, inverting or not doesn't matter, you can set the software accordingly.

It needs to be an open-collector buffer chip, inverting or not doesn't matter, you can set the software accordingly.
well its the same pin out and it is open collector so i assume that it will be ok...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups

well i like your reply lol so tell more..... ive got so many i/c's in my workshop i just havnt sorted them yet (dad left them to me) besides im blind as a bat!!!

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups
LOL

if the pinout matches, just find the datasheet for chip you have
and see if the outptut type is open collector. it's a good excercise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…