Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74HC_HCT157N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Gonzo

Hi,
I am using this mux to design a circuit. It is a quad 2:1 mux so I am using 3 inputs and the E and S is grounded.
The 3 ouputs are connected via optocoupler to 3 relays (SPST). The problem is the when I connect the circuit the relays are continously switching on and off.
My connection is like this:
E and S = GND
IN : pin 2,5,11 and 14 from microcontroller
OUT: pin 4,7,9 and 12 connected to 3 optocoupler and to 3 relays
My problem is the relays are continously switching which I do not want.
Any ideas to this problem?
//regards,Jay

Attachments

• Screenshot003.jpg
    Screenshot003.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 75
Possible errors: Opto coupler may be disturbed by ambient light. Your circuit is wrong. Everything works but you have written bad code so it doesn't work as expected.

A clearly drawn schematic of your entire circuit would help.

If you freeze all of the pins from the microcontroller, what happens to the relays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back