Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7447 BCD to 7 Segment Led with 3 common annode

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendys

Hello Everyone,

I am new to ECE and to the forum and also Quartus version 8.1

I am trying to simulate using a 7447 chip and a 7 segment LED. I have some basic issues.

Is there a way to utilize a 4 port dip switch so that I can change the inputs of LT, BI and RBI?

and is there a way to use a virtual 7 segment display in my project on quartus?

thanks

go to assignments -> pin planner in quartus to link the dip switch with LT,BI and RBI. Not sure if thats what you want. Anyway, you will need the hardware to see whether it works or you can study the signal generated. There is no virtual components in quartus. :)

Ok thanks John, I will try that. I have already used the hardware and have the results recorded in my tables, but I was not sure how to reproduce this on quartus. thanks I will try the switch now.

Somebody tell me what I am doing here. I am trying to simulate using the 7447 with a MANN72 7 segment LED with 3 common Anodes here is a Screen shot of what I have. **broken link removed**

Well, I need to simulate using the MANN72 7-segment display by recording the output values that are given at A,B,C..D etc. But I am so lost on how I am supposed to set this up on quartus. The ABCD pins on the left side of the 7447 are supposed to be controlled using a dip switch but I do not understand how I can implement that.

There are 3 ways to do this: one is using the hardware - which is through pin assignment. 2nd and 3rd is only involved simulation. This can be done using vector waveform files( .vwf) . In this you find all nodes using View -> utility windows -> node finder. And select the relevant node to simulate. Nevertheless, you can also use modelsim provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back