Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74193 application

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhanx2

this is urgent can you give me a circuit that will increment a 2 seven segment display that will count up to 99 when the ist photo resistor is activated and will decrement if the second photo resistor is activated. like a car parking counter.
our professor told us to use a 74193 ic

this is urgent can you give me a circuit that will increment a 2 seven segment display that will count up to 99 when the ist photo resistor is activated and will decrement if the second photo resistor is activated. like a car parking counter.
our professor told us to use a 74193 ic

I doubt anyone will lay out a complete circuit for you.

I can give you three hints.

#1. You will need more than one 74193 ic. The 74193 is a bad version of the 74HC193, because it isn't cmos compatible, and the speed is lower.
Do a search on google for "74193 pdf" and you can then get a datasheet on it.

#2. A photo resistor is a resistor whose resistance changes with light. You will need to convert the resistance into a digital output.

#3. If you look at the datasheet, you will see that the 74193 provides a binary output. you will need to convert this binary output to an output that works with the display. There are two methods. 1. Use a 74LS47 BCD to 7-segment decoder. and 2. Use a set of diodes.

When I see progress from you, I can help you alot more.
We just don't have the time to give complete circuits.

72193 application

ok can u give me the connection between the two 74193 for my 2 digit 7 segment display please indicate what is the most significant bit!

I'd would not go with the 74193 because it counts in binary. You would then have a problem of converting from binary to bcd for use in the display. If you can get a hold of a 74192 (74LS192 or 74HC192) BCD up/down counters, use them instead.

i just want to know what pin i have to connect to the next 74193 so that the seven segment will count a double digit number ex 9 then 10! i will use a 7447 as a decoder!

i have connected my 2 7-segment to the decoders 7447 and 74193 counters and it only counts 0-9 then it would not not to 10 but instead it counts to an unknown character. how can my counter count 9 then 10 to the next 7segment? pls help its urgent

lhanx2 said:
i have connected my 2 7-segment to the decoders 7447 and 74193 counters and it only counts 0-9 then it would not not to 10 but instead it counts to an unknown character. how can my counter count 9 then 10 to the next 7segment? pls help its urgent

You were not listening. Use 74192 BCD counters instead!

could anyone post a schematic diagram between the 2 74193 that would count from 0-99. please help its urgent! thanx!

lhanx2 said:
i cant use a 74192 because our professor told us to only use 74193 ic

Maybe you should discuss this with your professor. Show what you have done. Maybe he will reconsider. Professors are not infallible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back