Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

741 op amp info

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3k555

Hi, I'm somewhat new to electronics and I was wondering what the name LM741CN/NOPB means as opposed to LM741CN. Are there any differences between the two and is there a naming convention that is followed? Thanks!

NOPB usually means no lead....

the device is manufactured without any lead content

do some google searching on lead free electronics under the RoHS standard

Dave

And as everyone allways says, if aren´t looking for an exact replacement, then get something better and newer than this lousy 40 year old sluggish opamp. Like tl071, ne5532 etc.

741 opamps have been used in schools for 45 years. I have never seen one used in a product.
They are slow (poor response above only 9kHz), noisy (hiss in an audio circuit) and have distortion much higher than newer opamps.
39 years ago I tried one in a hearing aid circuit and its performance was so bad that I never used one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back