Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 Segment LED mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdman0_o

Ok so I am multiplexing four 7 segment LED displays. The problem is some kind of shadow from one display into the next display. For example on one it says 4 then on the one next to it (always on the left and the display scans from right to left ), it combines the number 1 with a dim 4.

I do not understand where it is coming from, the code is simple so I don't think it needs to be posted. They are all separate seven segment displays multiplexed and then connected to a 74HC595.

The delay is 3.144mS or 318 Hz, should I slow this down?

Like Bill stated try turning them all of then setting 1 on . Also do this real slow as a test like 50-100ms this way you can see if its the speed or something else. Then just speed it up little by little

dude just a note. You have a typo in style.css in your site...

the font: "MS sans seriff" should be "MS sans serif" it wont let users print unlessed changed. You can print but it will look garbled.

Thanks AtomSoft, thanks a lot. As i told you, i have work very hard for this site. I am fan of free knowledge distribution and that's what i do.

And thanks a lot for noticing those mistakes i've done. You see, i try to upload a lot of quality work and i only have a few hours (if i am lucky) afternoons. I have notice many mistakes and also, my english are.... well... not so good after all... Sorry in advance for such mistakes.

the site works fine thats the main point :D i tried printing using Bullzip PDF printer. It lets me turn sites into PDFs this way i can save them and print as needed.

The mistake was shown in the printing. For the amount of time you put in its awesome. and let me be the one to tell you thanks for such great info.

hi

hi! i'm new here. my bf is kinda bz so im looking after his li'l research.. can somebody help about the wiring diagram on 7 segment of the clock..thanks plz help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back