Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 Pin (Matrix) Keypad Convert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Hey! I need to know how to convert a matrix keypad to one that has separate connections for each key.

For those who don't understand, My current one looks like this:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
* 0 #
| | | | | | |

^^^^ 7 Pins^^^^
I need to have 13 pins, one for each number and a Com.
If anyone has a conversion circuit or a data sheet on how it works, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Daniel Taylor

I am unsure of which pin is which. I think that your keypad may be the same as the one on the tech-supplies website (www.tech-supplies.co.uk). This may tell you which pin is which/for what button e.c.t
To find the keypad go to the components section and click on switches.

Use 74C922 IC which is a matrix keyboard decoder. Its output is in 4-bit binary format which you can convert it to 13 lines using binary to deimal converter IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back