Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

60 or 100 MHz ATTEN scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
Thinking of buying an ATTEN DSO of 60 or maybe 100 MHz bandwith.

My questions:

1 - Locally available it is only the CAL series with a memory depth of 40 Kpts (single channel) or 20 Kpts (double channel).

How to judge how good is that (knowing that the not available CML series has 2Mpts (1Mpts) respectively)?

2 - Any user with experience in any of them?

Last edited:
Just order the model you want and get it mailed to you. That's all the "local" place does, and beware many of them just pretend to have local stocks but all they do is order from China and get it sent from China direct to you, so you may as well just buy it from China yourself and save $100.

Re the memory depth I think most brands only use the small memory for the bulk of sampling purposes, as it is fast. The large storage memory only works at real low sample rates. If you read some reviews they usually discuss that issue.

My view is that you should choose one with a big screen, like a 800x480 7 inch screen. Some of the 5" screen models are still running 320x240 pixel screens which is nowhere close. :)

(off topic) I had a little chuckle at your "reason for editing". ;)

Just order the model you want and get it mailed to you. That's all the "local" place does, and beware many of them just pretend to have local stocks but all they do is order from China and get it sent from China direct to you, so you may as well just buy it from China yourself and save $100.

Re the memory depth I think most brands only use the small memory for the bulk of sampling purposes, as it is fast. The large storage memory only works at real low sample rates. If you read some reviews they usually discuss that issue.

My view is that you should choose one with a big screen, like a 800x480 7 inch screen. Some of the 5" screen models are still running 320x240 pixel screens which is nowhere close. :)

(off topic) I had a little chuckle at your "reason for editing". ;)

Thanks for replying

Learnt that the CML series for the 60MHz is available so I am inclined to buy that one.

BTW, once wrogn, always wrogn :eek::p It was like that since my beginning here... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back