Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

60" mitsubishi need HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngrbredman

i bought the tv off of craigslist.the guy who i bought it from told me that there was nothing wrong with it.i was watching it for about an hour and a black line appeared vertically on the right side of the screen.i ignored it.then the screen started flickering and the picture on the tv went really dark but you could still sort of see it and then it went black and turned off by itself so i unplugged it.i waited for a little while and plugged it back in and it worked.then turned off again.etc.now the tv wont turn on.i press the power button and the green light will turn on for like 1 second and turn off.i dont know how to fix.need help.please.model # VS-60603

Last edited:
He did provide the model # at the very end of his post!

Here are possible solutions to your TV problem:

1. You may have a bad memory chip, although the typical problem for that is the picture going blank, not a black line on the side. To confirn if the memory chip is bad try this:
The memory chip has gone bad, and will stay bad, so each time I have a power outage here are the steps that will put it back into operation.

Using the remote that came with the television.
Press “Menu”
Scroll yellow to “Setup”
Press “Enter”
Scroll yellow to “AV Connection”
Press “enter”
Scroll yellow to right side of “AV Network”
Select “Basic”
Scroll yellow to right side of “Locked to Input 1”
Select “No”
Press “Menu” over and over to exit
Now press “Input” for your input selections.
The screen will still be blue, except for A&B, until you have something hooked to 1,2, or DVD.
If the television works after doing all that, you have a bad memory chip. You either replace it or go through these steps everytime the set loses AC power.

2. Check capacitor C556 to see if it's burnt (2kv capacitor). Replace if necessary.

3. You may need to replace the convergence IC's. Go to **broken link removed** and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV. The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICs, not the cheap aftermarket ICs, and pictorial directions, thermal paste, resistors, correct Pico fuses, and free online tech assistance in case you run into problems.

i did.he said "i've never had any problems with the tv.did it get dropped or jarred when moving it?unplug it and see if it resets or something."

sometimes while moving these CRT rear projections from one location to another things happen like CRT coolant fluid leaking on the PCBs or the CRT boards come slightly loose from the CRTs. Anode wires come loose from the HV splitter(not totally, just enough).Solder connections that never caused a problem in the past fully break loose during the move and now cause a problem at the new location. Or maybe the seller lied, and this TV had the problem when he sold it.

Last edited:
You can buy the service manual online, but unless you're a tech and have the proper equipment...
**broken link removed**
Your local reference library may also have the service manual.

i can't.the tv won't even turn on
Once again, that leans towards those convergence ICs possibly being the culprit. The repair kit is available here: **broken link removed**

At this point you have three choices:

1. buy a service manual and troubleshoot from there (if you are qualified to do so)

2. gamble on buying the convergence repair kit and that not being the problem in the end

3. take the set to a qualified service center

As Preher TV states, it could be faulty connection(s) etc. that occurred while transporting the set between locations. It can sometimes be like a lightbulb that burns steadily for months on end. Then one day you tap it and the filament burns out! Going after the seller can be tricky since electronic devices can be unpredictable.

Last edited:
Would it be worth going after the seller anyway?, presumably he paid next to nothing for it? - such sets aren't worth anything these days, and never had a decent picture even when new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back