Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5volts battery back-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenayd

in my project i remove the battery of my cellphone and connected it directly to 7805. But then realized when a power interruption has been occured...my pic system booted up but the cellphone remains off...it requires to press the "on" button of the unit.

my problem is what can i do to the cellphone to be able to boot up automatically when the power comes back...

my idea is to put a battery back up on it...but i dont know how...can anyone show me a simple circuit for this...thanks a lot.

nenayd said:
in my project i remove the battery of my cellphone and connected it directly to 7805. But then realized when a power interruption has been occured...my pic system booted up but the cellphone remains off...it requires to press the "on" button of the unit.

my problem is what can i do to the cellphone to be able to boot up automatically when the power comes back...

my idea is to put a battery back up on it...but i dont know how...can anyone show me a simple circuit for this...thanks a lot.

Easiest way would be to leave the battery connected, and trickle charge ti from the external power - that way it will stay on for the life of the battery is the power disappears.

Or you could add a timer circuit, using a couple of 555's (or anything you wanted) to short out the power switch briefly a preset time after the power comes on (you need to wait a while, for it to power up).

if i let the battery connected and it's charger as its main power source...there could be a possibility of damage to the battery.

nenayd said:
if i let the battery connected and it's charger as its main power source...there could be a possibility of damage to the battery.

That's why I said 'trickle charge', you can leave the battery on 'trickle charge' permanently. Or you could build a decent quality charger, one which drops to 'trickle charge' when it's fully charged - but for your purposes a crude trickle charger should be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back