Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 Transistor Level LTspice Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

crutschow

Most Helpful Member
The NE555 model included with LTspice is an idealized behavior model that doesn't accurately model all of the real device's characteristics, such as output voltage.
Attached is an old Fairchild uA555 transistor level model with pinouts modified for use with the attached LTspice symbol.
It should, in general, give more accurate simulation results (but no guarantees).

The .sub file goes in the LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\sub directory.
The .asy file goes in the LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\sym\Misc directory.

Close and reopen LTspice to make it available.
You may have to "Skip initial operation point solution" (uic) in the Simulation Command window to get it to start up readily.

Attachments

• uA555.sub
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,288
  • uA555.asy
    944 bytes · Views: 1,157
Last edited:
Is it any different than the one that is part of the standard LTSpice release? Look at
../LTSpiceIV/examples/Educational/NE555.asc

Is it any different than the one that is part of the standard LTSpice release? Look at
../LTSpiceIV/examples/Educational/NE555.asc
Probably similar. But that example is not a model file with a schematic icon so is not so convenient to use (besides taking a lot of schematic area). I assume it could be converted to a .sub file if someone took the effort.

Probably similar. But that example is not a model file with a schematic icon so is not so convenient to use (besides taking a lot of schematic area). I assume it could be converted to a .sub file if someone took the effort.

I converted it a few months ago...I'll post in a few minutes

eT

Here it is....

eT

Attachments

• NE555Test.zip
    277 KB · Views: 745
  • NE555Test.png
    NE555Test.png
    582.3 KB · Views: 876
Status
Not open for further replies.