Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 Timer with input/triggered from Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are expecting a bit much with 8 + 8 + 8 requirements.
The simplest way to orgainse this is .asm
It's the only way you are going to fix a problem if one arises.
Already, everyone is telling you complex ways to tackle the problem.

What makes you say this is too much? To check 8 inputs and adjust 8 outputs in 1mS is trivial, doing it in 10mS is an absolute doddle.

BTW, I didn't understand what the third 8 was.

Mike.

@colin55,
It's 8 monitored inputs (PIR sensors) and 8 outputs (LED(s)).
I'm not aware of how to do the .asm. However, I'm looking for the simplest way to do this if it can be achieved (by software/programming). My main concern was having the Stamp perform perform multiple functions (sense two - three PIRs, while keeping the load(s) within the timed parameters)).

You need 3 ports - one has to have 8 A/D's or one A/D and a select button and LEDs
I only work with PIC's

I'm a little confused about the ports you mention. I don't have a select button and LEDs.
Was this post meant for someone else?

I don't understand the entire question, but I will have inputs from the PIRs (8 input pins) and outputs for the 8 LED lights (8 output pins).

What happened to the 555 and the variable-timed outputs????????????????????

Now it's just 8 inputs and 8 LEDs that turn on for a fixed time of 10 seconds.

Why didn't you say this in the first place, instead of beating around the bush, wanting all sorts of time-consuming programming challenges.

You just need a PIC16F628 and 100 lines of code.

Last edited:
What happened to the 555 and the variable-timed outputs????????????????????

Now it's just 8 inputs and 8 LEDs that turn on for a fixed time of 10 seconds.

Why didn't you say this in the first place, instead of beating around the bush, wanting all sorts of time-consuming programming challenges.

You just need a PIC16F628 and 100 lines of code.

He/She did say this in the first place. It was always 8 in and 8 out. It was you that said it was 8+8+8 which I never understood. Plus, you somehow made it analogue!!

Stop complicating things and then complaining when the OP gets confused.

I'm going to be quiet now because otherwise I may get banned.

Mike.

@Mike, thanks for the response.
@colin55, I'm just trying to gain some knowledge and/or solution here. No need to get a little upset. As Mike stated, I listed out what I thought were all the requirements and other asked questions.
Please I don't know all of what you all know, so please be patient.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back