Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 chips, powering up

Status
Not open for further replies.

planty

When you first power up the 555 chip in a small kit , it works straight away, but can you stop the unit from working every time you power up, but it still will work on it's trigger input?

I thought it would be a small cap on pin 2 or 4 but the unit still works when powerd up,
Thanks, David

Can you post the schematic?

Ken

**broken link removed**

this does work fine at the moment, i just dont want it to work when it gets powered up.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I can't read the small fuzzy image. Can you convert it to a larger size in a GIF or PNG format. They give better detail with a smaller file size.

Ken

Please attach the schematic here intead of over at Photo-Bucket.

picture as asked..
I think i have done it;.
also i have put 4700uf cap on the pos and neg just to give me a few extra seconds.
The kit is to close a car roof but i didnt want it closing when you start the car as it can take all the power as start the car then closing the roof.

Attachments

• tcgif.gif
    tcgif.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 158
The schematic was originally made as a fuzzy JPG file type. Converting it to a different file type does not remove the fuzziness. It should have been made as a very clear GIF or PNG file type in the first place.

I guess you mean you don't need help, since you have "done it." But if you have problems again, you may use the reset pin ( pin 4 ) to prevent the timer from operating on startup. Just use a capacitor and resistor to apply a short reset pulse until the operating voltage settles.

EDIT: On second thought, you probably want to use a short pulse generated from a logic gate or transistor to reset your timer. (Been reading the turtorial)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back