Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4x24 LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaba911

Hi everyone.
I have many of this HYUNDAI LCD, HD44780 interface, 4x24 character.
The thing I have difficulty is the E_strobe line is separated from the first 2 line, like LINE 1,2 have Enable pin on 5 and LINE 3,4 have E pin on 6.
Its like have 2x 2x24 LCD in one board and share the same LCD.
There is any other way to make this work or must use the 2 Enable pin separately.
:?:
STEVE

csaba911 said:
Hi everyone.
I have many of this HYUNDAI LCD, HD44780 interface, 4x24 character.
The thing I have difficulty is the E_strobe line is separated from the first 2 line, like LINE 1,2 have Enable pin on 5 and LINE 3,4 have E pin on 6.
Its like have 2x 2x24 LCD in one board and share the same LCD.
There is any other way to make this work or must use the 2 Enable pin separately.
:?:
STEVE

I've never used a 4 line LCD (I keep meaning to get one to play with), but from what I've read it's basically two seperate 2 line LCD's, so you need to select the correct E pin for the 2 lines you want.

Try to find the Manf website, they might tell how it is setup.

I have heard that some 4 line and 40 char displays are actualy two in one, and have seperate addressing and control.

Have fun
Kent

Most 4 line LCD displays use two seperate controllers, one for the top 2 lines and one for the bottom 2 lines. If the LCD has more than 80 characters (like the one you have), it deffinately has 2 controllers, usually the interface will be a 16 pin connector with two Enable lines. E1 is used for the top 2 lines and E2 is for the bottom 2 lines.

If you would have 4x20 LCD displays (80 characters total). It could either have 2 controllers or only 1, I have seen both versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back