Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4legged walker with 8 motors! Help with motor control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathGeek

Ok,

This is the first large scale project that I am doing. I have a month.

Mine is going to look somewhat like:
**broken link removed**

I just need some help with DC motor control.

Building H bridge with discrete transsitors, resistors, etc (which takes a fairl number of components) for every motor is going to take too much time.

I am looking for a more effective way to do it.

I heard i could use some IC's like 74AC139 or something like that.

anyhelp would be appreciated. I am still doing some research on motor drivers.

Thanks

Edit: I forgot to say that I will be using as 16F628 as the brain.

Micochip makes drivers that can output an 9 A peak and 2 A continues.It needs no external components.They will soure or sink the output acording to the input going high or low.

You just conect the power,the motor and the PIC and its working.But still You need 2 to control an motor bouth directions.So you get an total of 16 components for the motor driver for 8 motors.

They have an CMOS/TTL compactible input.

You probobly wont need an heatsink too.(Since a heatsink is heavy but sich an robot needs to be light)

I decided to use 74AC245 octal buffer stacked (x2). Should provide enough current for little gear motors.

thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back