Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

40khz IR Emitter for Tagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that except for the "hfe" part.

Yes, hfe (or beta) is the ciurrent gain of the transistor. for a small signal transistor it should be at least 100 or even 200. (for a power transistor it is less)

And is "Rbase" referring to the base resistor value?

Yes it's the current limiting resistor between the 555's pin 3 and the transistor's base

The transmitter is working well at this point. I have an ultrabright red LED attached for a muzzle flash effect, along with a motor for a bit of vibration feedback. They all activate while the IR LED is emitting.

The pulse is approx. 1/4 second.

This transmits to the receiver and the receiver beeps for that amount of time (or less if it receives part of the IR signal).

Now I would like to have the receiver flash an LED, activate a vibrator motor, or generate a sound, etc. for feedback when a player is hit, but have it last for a specified amount of time greater than 1/4 second.

I see how I can use the existing 555 timer setup for the emitter such that when the receiver gets the pulse, it simply uses that pulse to activate an astable 555 for an amount of time determined by resistors and capacitors. So for instance, it would play a tone or vibrate a motor for 1/2 second or longer, even if it received a tiny pulse from the transmitter (lasertag gun).

Is there an easier way to do this on the receiver module than using 555 timers, or is that the best way?

Still going for simple: Just IR blasters that send a pulse, and receivers that generate a tone/vibration/light for a set amount of time.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Please help me....i can't get those bursts ??? I can generate 33Khz frequency through 555 but its continuous one ,how to make those with bursts ??

I am not using any PIC.I have heard that the bursts can be produced through another 555 but how in which mode they should operate and what frequency it should generate ?

You have committed three no no's.

First you should have started you own thread instead of tagging on to old ones.

Second you posted the same question twice in two different places.

Third you did not give people sufficient time to reply. Think 24-48 hours.

I would use a 2nd (much slower) 555 and use it to gate the output from the one you already have to create bursts. If you want better then that wait for a body that works with 555's.

Having said that why not learn to program and do it with a PIC. It is the most flexible solution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back