Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4069 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2022

what i need is a circuit so when a ptm switch is depressed an LED comes on. i have tried using a 4069 with the switch goin from +ve to pin 1 and pin to to a 2n4401 transistor to light an LED. i have done this with pin 3 and 4, 5 and 6 and grounded the unused inputs. problem is nothin is happenin. what am i doin wrong?

have tried connectin stuff different ways but itz still not workin... nd ne1 cud help with a schematic id b grateful. basically what i need is a circuit using 3 leds and 3 PTM switches. what i need so so when the PTM switch is closed, the LED goes off and when the PTM switch is open the LED comes on

also i cant use PTB switches for this

andrew2022 said:
have tried connectin stuff different ways but itz still not workin... nd ne1 cud help with a schematic id b grateful. basically what i need is a circuit using 3 leds and 3 PTM switches. what i need so so when the PTM switch is closed, the LED goes off and when the PTM switch is open the LED comes on

also i cant use PTB switches for this
Is it really that simple? My understanding is that, as long as your PTM switch (PTM=push to make? Same as NO=normally open?) is depressed, the LED is off. You need 3 identical circuits like this, and they have no interaction with each other?

I think the chip you are using, uses digital inputs.
if this is true then:
Connect a 10k resistor from Positive to pin 1.
Connect your switch to pin 1 and Earth.
Let me know what happens.

ps.
positive supply to chip=pin 14
earth on chip =pin 7

Attachments

• dsw.gif
    dsw.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 231
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads