Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 channel IR remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

mengchan

Hi,
Im a student major in science physic. Im a third year student, so I have to do a final year project. My title is building a Remote control by using Infrared. I have no ideal how to do the circuit which can on 4 LED in different time by using 4 buttons remote control. I know how to do single channel on off, but come to 4 channel I face difficulty. So I want to ask for help here to build up this circuit with diagram, and please list out the electronic component name, so that I get to know what it is. And tell me how it works, the voltage direction, current flow and .. . thanks for your help. Good luck!

okay, well if you wanted to cheat, and nobody was going to open it up, I'd say make 4 seperate cicuits, combined into one, using 4 seperate IR LED's with different wavelengths.

:D

But I'm sure that won't work, and since my knowledge with IR is limited, I couldn't help you.

IR

I suggest using an IC such as HOLTEK HT12A coupled with a HOLTEK HT12D which will allow 4 different signals to be sent and received from using only one LED and a photodiode. Only a few extra parts are needed and the whole will not be very expensive.

how about combining the Motorola MC145026 emitter with the MC145027 receiver wich can send 8 different signals.......
just hook up the output if the circuit to an IR emitter and use a IR receiver to the other side and thats it.
as if you want to have one push of a button to turn on the led and another one to turn it off.....you need to connect each output to a flip flop.
also ...i have to mention that the chips have 8 input/output pins wich are 3 state, not 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back