Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4-20mA to 0-2.5 VDC converter IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonalip

Hi all,:)
I want to sense a sensor which will give 4-20 mA output and send it to PIC controller ADC with reference voltage 2.5 VDC. SO anybody can tel me which IC can I use to convert 4-20 mA current to 0-2.5 V DC voltage in minimum cost and minimum space.

Hi,
There are many signal condtioner device available in the market.Probably if you approach the maxim ,TI or allegro you will get the good part.

Regards,
Arumugam

Should use a resistor to drop it to 3 volts and then use an opamp stage to adjust the DC bias to 0-2.5

Hi all,:)
I want to sense a sensor which will give 4-20 mA output and send it to PIC controller ADC with reference voltage 2.5 VDC. SO anybody can tel me which IC can I use to convert 4-20 mA current to 0-2.5 V DC voltage in minimum cost and minimum space.
"Transresistance, infrequently referred to as mutual resistance, is the dual of transconductance. It is a contraction of "transfer resistance". It refers to the ratio between a change of the voltage at two output points and a related change of current through two input points, and is notated as rm:
Rm = ΔVout/ΔIin
The SI unit for transresistance is simply the ohm, as in resistance."

200 Ω with 4-20 mA gives you 4v full scale and 0.8v min. Use a level shifter to remove the 0.8v (a signal diode), then an attenuator to get 2.5v full scale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back