Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4-20ma to 0-10vdc transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopezelectric

hi, i am looking for help on how to build a 4-20ma to 0-10vdc transducer circuit. anyone know how to do this. I heard it was simple. thanks d. lopez

hi, i am looking for help on how to build a 4-20ma to 0-10vdc transducer circuit. anyone know how to do this. I heard it was simple. thanks d. lopez

Not too difficult. There are commercial modules that do this and sometimes you can pick them up cheap on E-bay. **broken link removed**

To build one you basically run the current loop through a low value resistor say 100 ohms. That will give you a .4 to 2 volt measurement signal to work with. Run this to a instrumentation type op-amp to buffer the signal and with an additional op-amp, add the gain and add a negative offset voltage to finally end up with a 0-10 volt output measurement range.

Lefty

The Linear Applications Handbook from National Semiconductor has several applications notes on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back