Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3rd year microcontroller project

Status
Not open for further replies.

damien11

Hello all,
I am new forums, this is my first post so be gentle. I have received my 3rd year electronic eng project. and part of it is, storing a large table of constant numbers in an 8051 microcontroller and then when certain parameters are inputted to the uC using a keypad, the uC outputs a number every second. the range of numbers to be stored is 30Mhz to 88Mhz at 25kHz intervals. So i am asking can the uC store this many numbers or would i have to use external ram and would a 4x3 matrix and 16x1 lcd be sufficient. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
damien

Your post makes no sense. You would not store a range of numbers between x and y at an interval of n because it is much easier to calculate it. And, what does "would a 4x3 matrix and 16x1 lcd be sufficient" mean? Be sufficient for what?

My guess is that you do not understand the brief and need to go back and get a better understanding of what you are required to do.

Mike.

the range of numbers to be stored is 30Mhz to 88Mhz at 25kHz intervals. So i am asking can the uC store this many numbers

Why store the numbers???? :eek:

Just generate the numbers when you need them, with the micro;
30.000 MHz
30.025 MHz
30.050 MHz

for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back