Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

39 to 38

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Most Helpful Member
OSU over Penn State. First three quarters OSU couldn't do anything right. Then it clicked. Must have been the luck of my very old family recipe for sausage and savoy cabbage. Or, maybe the made from scratch cornbread.

In any event, the sort of game that makes legends.

But did anyone take a knee? That's apparently what matters in sports now. :rolleyes:

OSU over Penn State. First three quarters OSU couldn't do anything right. Then it clicked. Must have been the luck of my very old family recipe for sausage and savoy cabbage. Or, maybe the made from scratch cornbread.

In any event, the sort of game that makes legends.

I'll take luck over skill any day of the week, sometimes it's just in the air. I can smell it from here, but where the hell is the recipe?

Common, Common give it up :)

kv

A cousin committed to putting a lot of the family recipes into print, "An Eclectic Cookbook." It is even indexed on Google. Here is the sausage and cabbage recipe from his book: **broken link removed** I could not find a BH&G archive.

Important notes:
1) I cut the sausage into larger lengths (2-1/2 to 3")
2) Soak the sausage several hours. I do it overnight usually in Carl Rossi burgundy.
3) Do not substitute Savoy cabbage. You want nice, fresh, and curly leaves.
4) You can omit rendering the salt pork. Olive oil and/or butter work fine.
5) It is almost impossible to get "sweet" Italian sausage without fennel seed/anise in Cleveland, so suffer with it. I much prefer it without that spice.
6) I never add water.

There is also a recipe for cardoon/cardoni in the same book. I have only seen to 2 or 3 times it Cleveland when I lived in an ethnic neighborhood. Nothing particularly special, but if you ever see the vegetable (looks like celery), you do need to know how to cook it. Not good raw.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back