Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

32kHz Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 32kHz oscillator in a black SMD plastic package, part number C2KC56BS. Wasn't able to find it by searching Google, Digikey, Mouser.

All the oscillators I've used come in metal packages - what kind come in black plastic package, like the other chips on the board, except taller. It has 4 pins and is ~3mm by 8.4mm.

Anyone know what this part is? Thanks!

I have a 32kHz oscillator in a black SMD plastic package, part number C2KC56BS. Wasn't able to find it by searching Google, Digikey, Mouser.

All the oscillators I've used come in metal packages - what kind come in black plastic package, like the other chips on the board, except taller. It has 4 pins and is ~3mm by 8.4mm.

Anyone know what this part is? Thanks!

It sounds like a 32KH oscillator 'module', apply +5V/0 and get a 32KHz square wave out.. Does it have a part number.?

I've got 3 that look very similar and have part numbers:

C2KC56BS
C2KC57ES
32C69

What would be the advantage of such a module, since a standard oscillator requires no power?

I've got 3 that look very similar and have part numbers:

C2KC56BS
C2KC57ES
32C69

What would be the advantage of such a module, since a standard oscillator requires no power?

hi,
A 32768Hz xtal is often used to clock hardware counter ic's, a binary division gives 1second.

It could also be used to clock one of the PIC's internal counters to give a precise 1 second.

Look here: Get the datasheet, look at the picture.
https://uk.farnell.com/citizen-america/cm250s32-000kazf-ut/crystal-smd-32khz-12-5pf/dp/1457101

EDIT: the datasheet indicates that its just a crystal!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe I should start using those module ones, I always have a devil of a time trying to get ocilators to work right, the kind with 3 pins that look kind of like a dipped capacitor.

Maybe I should start using those module ones, I always have a devil of a time trying to get ocilators to work right, the kind with 3 pins that look kind of like a dipped capacitor.

They aren't oscillators, they are ceramic resonators - connect them to the oscillator circuit in a PIC, select XT mode - and they work perfectly, there's nothing you can really do wrong with them.

there's nothing you can really do wrong with them.

you could sprinkle them on a cupcake

But anyway, I guess I mostly had problems with those cause I was new with PICs and was most likely doing several things wrong at once, among other things I switched to useing an internal ocilator before I got my first PIC working, and I've never revisted that issue since.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back