Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

30V 20A regulator by LM338P

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterbug

I just found a power supply I would like to build. the address **broken link removed**
has jpg pics that are not clear enough to ID all the components. Has anyone had experience with this circuit?
Any help with part ID would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Tom

Many thanks

I opened the pic on my laptop and I agree with you....what's the problem. Hmm...I don't know why an LCD screen has better rez than my printer.

More questions..the 0.3 resistors R5-R8 what type do you suppose they are? C6 47/36...C4 10/25. I don't know what this is reference to. Should I suppose to use .5 W resistors?

Last edited:
Thank you

Many thanks for the help. I am now responsible for carful ckt layout and finishing...hope all goes well...I'm newbee at this stuff.

Once again

Collin55...your help is appreciated. I notice on the ckt that c1 and c3 are 103 and 104 respectively. I don't know what this is. Sorry for all the newbee ?'s.

It is a ceramic capacitor and it will have 103 on it (0.01u) and 104 (0.1u) These can be rated at 50v

You do realize you will need about an 800VA transformer not to mention large heat sinks,thermal management fans, large caps able to handle the rms current. And a host of other considerations. This wont be cheap and probably isn't something you should be building if it's your first PSU.

EDIT
actually you would be looking at about a 900VA transformer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back