Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

300-400 MHz microcontroler with starter kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
psst... A laser rangefinder is LIDAR =\

insight, it's still a LIDAR if it only detects range. RADAR = Radio detection and ranging. LIDAR = Light detection and ranging. Police speed guns are still called radars, even though their sophistication is drastically dwarfed by modern RADAR systems. Just the same a simple laser range finder is still a LIDAR.

In what way Atomsoft?

What did you do using an Xmos chip and on what basis do you recommend it?

As i said i never used it. I used simulation software. I recommend it on the basis its cheap and fast as hell. 1000 MIPS $16 come on!!! Can use C to program. Have upto 16 concurrent threads... Its a masterpeice... You will have to code your but off but heh Its fast, cheap and powerfull... Isnt that what he needs?

COULD be 1000MIPS, it has an FPGA core, what are it's native language processing limits?

Last edited:
XMOS 400-500MIPS per core, so the 800-1000MIPS is rated for the 2 core and 1600MIPS is the 4 core. MIPS is not what is needed in this case, but MHz and the speed of the GPIO. An FPGA is the best solution so far, unless a proper interval timer can be found that's fast enough.

FPGA's are not a bad idea, once you're using one and comfortable with it there's little you can't do with them.

They do whatever speed they're rated for there are a wide variety. FPGA stands for Field Programmable Gate Array. It's a network of logic gates which use a special programming language to trip the various networks into forming logic functions that you describe, it's basically programmable hardware; but not in the sense where you write code for it's native instructions to execute, you actually write the entire logic for the instructions themselves, so they're very very flexible. They're able to run complex functions in near realtime, they're physically large compared to the function they may execute though because they're designed for flexibility. They are not easy to learn though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back