3 Phase Converter Schematic. (Miller system)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread starter took the information from that site, a non electronic site and put his name to it(miller system) thinking no one would know. But he didn't count on someone that was a machinist with a small home shop and being interested in electronics being on both sites.

Well I finally finished going thru that thread. Looong time lol. I found several schematics that I will look at further while offline. Thanks again for steering me there.
I also figured out that CNC RPC's are probably just oversized/heavier built, which is helpful since I am dealing with a machine that has 2 VFDs in it.

Any thing over 5 or 10 horsepower needs a much bigger motor for the convertor. But one good thing about a rotary convertor is each motor you drive from it you get a better sine wave out, closer to real 3PH. So that will make your VFDs happier.

I found your schematic and explanation very informative and useful. Thanks for posting them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…