Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 and 6 volt supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Steveo

Can I center tap a 4 cell battery to get a 3 volt supply for one circut, and also still use the 6volts for another circut?

Thanks
steveo

you can do this, if you have a battery that has 2/4 elements.
but this is not good because the first half, the one that powers the 3V will discharge faster. so it is not a good way.
you could use a voltage regulator and get 3V from the 6V. this way all the battery is discharged at the same time.

What I trying to do is power a PIC micro an a motion dector off the same battery pack. Also use 1 of the microcontroler's output pin for a switch to VSS.
Im trying to get away from using a "optocupler" to keep the circut simple as possable.

What do you think?

Steve

Be careful, if you connect circuits together with different power supplies.
I most case they need the same grounding. So you must see it as a whole
circuit. Also the voltage to the input of an integrate circuit may higher than there power supply of the IC itself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back