Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3.3v convert 5v and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.
At low currents there is probably a "charge pump" IC to do this, at higher currents you would need to build a DC-DC boost converter. The Maxim MAX1672 can do this at 300 or so mA. It is in a tiny package, but I am sure they have others parts in different packages.

Do you want to convert DC voltages (power supplies), or simply to convert between logic levels?

I would use an LM317 setup to give 3.3V

Or make a voltage divider with resistors and add a emittor-follower (only good if input voltage is stable at 5V)

Don't have any scematics handy right now... Maybe i'll find something to post later

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back