Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2x16 lcd pin out

Status
Not open for further replies.

vedo35

Hi guys i have a 2x16 dot matrix lcd. I got from epson all in one printer. But on this lcd chip is on lcd glas. So i cant know what kind of lcd driver. But when normal work i controled with my multimeter. 1 pin is GND 2. Pins is Vdd +5v for know other pin outs depends your valuable helps. by the way no backlight.

Attachments

• Picture 003 DETAIL.JPG
    Picture 003 DETAIL.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 7,823
hey i have used something similar but it had backlight..
the pin outs were
Pin Symbol I/O Description

1 Vss -- Ground

2 Vcc -- +5 Volt Supply

3 VEE -- Power supply to control contrast

4 RS I RS=0 to select command Register
RS=1 to select data register

5 R/W I R/W=0 for write
R/W=1 for Read
6 E I/O Enable
7-14 DB0-DB7 I/O The 8 bit data bus

let me know if it any help to u..

ok i will try it on his own board. Thanks a lot for your valuable info. By the way greetings to india :)..

hey pretish yesterday 3.pin of lcd i made a potansiometer connect. I can chance of lcd contarst..Then connection is true :) i think for your lcd last pin for back light.

hey thnks....i think y there are there are only 10 pins...so i lookd for the working of the chip(HD44780 usually) controlling the lcd ...it turns out that the chip can work in 4bit data mode instead of 8 bit mode.& the read or write pin might be shorted to vcc to make it write only..
so the pins must be
1 gnd
2 vcc
3 contrast
4 register select
5 enable
9-all data pins
10-backlight.

i have done proj using pic16f877a for controlling LCD 16x2,so had to study the whole thing....but the lCD i used was the 16 pin one..

I know it has been a while but did you ever get this thing to work? I happen to have the very same lcd as you and am hoping to get it going. A reply would be much appreciated :D

I know it has been a while but did you ever get this thing to work? I happen to have the very same lcd as you and am hoping to get it going. A reply would be much appreciated :D

well google the data sheet for the LCD u r using (e.g 16x2 LCD). inorder to get it working u will have to interface it with a microcontroller (i used AT89C51). U have to programme the LCD using any language (i used C++) and then there is the software name keil...in which u run ur code n they give u the .hex file,which u will burn onto ur microcontroller.using a burner...now wen u r done with tht....connect the microcontroller with LCD (see the pin configuration of both LCD and microcontroller)...n there u go...its done :)
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back