Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2x16 LCD display interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

markey

hi electronic hobbyist...
can you help me in my PIC project about Keyboard-LCD interface
i got a problem in interfacing my LCD Display,,,it is a JM1602M.....does anyone doing this?

Last edited:
hi electronic hobbyist...
can you help me in my PIC project about Keyboard-LCD interface
i got a problem in interfacing my LCD Display,,,it is a JM1602M.....does anyone doing this?

hi,
Look at this pdf, it will help.
Most controllers are KS0066 types.

Also:
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• how2lcd1..pdf
    240.7 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:
PIC16f84a LCD interface using JM1602M LCD display

can you help me in interfacing an LCD display JM1602M using a PIC16f84a microcontroller and using Pic Basic pro

HOW to control a KS0066U based LCD display using PIC16f84 microcontroller

hi,
Look at this pdf, it will help.
Most controllers are KS0066 types.

Also:
**broken link removed**

Does anyone done on interfaCING KS0066U based LCD display using PIC16f84a? can u help me........plz...

Does anyone done on interfaCING KS0066U based LCD display using PIC16f84a? can u help me........plz...

hi,
Did you look at the link I posted.?

What sort of help are you asking for, wiring connections, programming etc.???:)

EDIT: which language are you going to use for programming.??? 'C' or assembler.

Last edited:
sooo simple ...

Hi, Marquey ...

Can't be simpler :

1) just open your PBP manual ( the last online manual "PBPM 108" ) on page 95 ...
2) read the relevant chapter from beginning to end
3) where you will find connexions and scheme for both your processor AND LCD ...

isn't life marvellous ???

Alain

in other terms ... the answer is Read That F***ing Manual !!! ... KS0066 is a "44780 compatible" lcd Driver !!!

Last edited:
yes..i had read that manual but my LCD didn't work...i just want to know if there is a difference between the LCD display with 44780 controller and KS0066 controller.

Attachments

• tuxgr_16x2.pdf
    26.5 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:
yes..i had read that manual but my LCD didn't work..
<snip>

Can I suggest that you take a step back. In what way does the LCD not work? What is the configuration you have at the moment?

Can you adjust the contract until you see the black rectangles? If you can then at least you know the power etc. is all working. (I suggest you back off the contrast so that the rectangles are just visible while you get things going - that way you know the power set-up is right but you can still see any characters that might be getting through; even the garbage ones).

Can you put a scope on the data lines and see the signals being passed to the LCD?

Have you programmed in the correct initialisation sequence and are the delays between the commands long enough (I've been bitten by this)?

Susan

Soooo, It's rather simple :

Just provide YOUR scheme and YOUR code ...

NOT those from the book !!!

Just one idea ... could you show us your datasheet here ???

Another ( good ) idea ... which is the voltage on the LCD Contrast pin ??? ( Vo @ Pin 3 )

Alain

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back