Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2W 4M resistors....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a high end stereo parts store near me that is having a sale like they are going out of business.
They have new old toobs at extremely high prices.
I bought a toob there in 1979 for my old hybrid TV.

there are companies like Mcintosh still making tube amps.... and they are still selling lots of them. my shop recently did some training on them. the one we had for the training session used KT88's for outputs.

I can say from experience that mcintosh power amps are most excellent

All the big name instrument amp makes (guitar amps) still make tube amps. Specialty tubes are available from tons of different suppliers, even becoming common in hobby parts suppliers catalogues now.

Canadaelk said:
Mr RB: play nice , the audiophools are not mentally ill, just financially solvent! ...

I stopped visiting DIYaudio forum when they all decided that putting high speed TO-220 diodes in the BRIDGE RECTIFIER of their audio amp PSUs made the amp SOUND BETTER. It's like mass hysteria over there, with their oxygen-free copper speakers leads and high-speed PSU diodes making all their amps sound REALLY GOOD. :eek:

Darn. I'm starting to sound like Audioguru. Next thing I'll be ranting about clock radios. ;)

My first amplifier was a Heathkit with vacuum tubes. I took it to the free McIntosh amplifier clinic where they measured 25% distortion until I replaced the output tubes then the distortion dropped to 0.5%. The tubes became mismatched about every 3 months so I replaced them often.

The high end stereo parts store near me sells very expensive solid state amplifiers with vacuum tubes glowing on top. The tubes are for show and are not in the amplifier circuit. I think they even have CD players with vacuum tubes.

The only difference in sound between a do package and a to220 is the sound they make when you drop them on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back