Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identifying SMD resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buk

There are 3 resistors in this image:
1640638215544.png

I think the values are:
  1. 68k
  2. 1k
  3. 100k
Am I correct?

I'd agree 68K top and 100K bottom, but I can't read the centre one clearly enough..

I'd agree 68K top and 100K bottom, but I can't read the centre one clearly enough..
I think you are correct. The top one is labelled "683", so 68 * 10 ^3 Ohms.
The middle one is "01B" so the first value (100) with a multiplier of B, which is x10
Similarly the bottom one is "01D" but happens to be upside down in that view.
Thanks guys. I'd never encountered the EIA96 before and was trying to make sense of 010 and 018 or 810 using the usual scheme when I found it and things started to make more sense.

The October 2021 issue of Silicon Chip describes a set of SMD test tweezers which can measure the value of SMD resistors & capacitors. They sell a kit of parts for it.
See the attachments.

Attachments

• SMD Tweezers Page 64.jpg
    SMD Tweezers Page 64.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 196
  • SMD Tweezers Page 67.jpg
    SMD Tweezers Page 67.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 194
I'm not sure what you mean by "they don't identify the components". So I've attached the other pages.

Attachments

• SMD Tweezers Page 65.jpg
    SMD Tweezers Page 65.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 186
  • SMD Tweezers Page 66.jpg
    SMD Tweezers Page 66.jpg
    802.2 KB · Views: 191
  • SMD Tweezers Page 68.jpg
    SMD Tweezers Page 68.jpg
    861.8 KB · Views: 195
  • SMD Tweezers Page 69.jpg
    SMD Tweezers Page 69.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 190
The October 2021 issue of Silicon Chip describes a set of SMD test tweezers which can measure the value of SMD resistors & capacitors. They sell a kit of parts for it.
See the attachments.

Nice find!

I've just bought that issue online from that site (about £6) - as well as the full magazine pdf, that gives access to the PCB designs and the PIC source code etc.

Probably not - but it's a nice design and, with the source code, allows for changes and improvements.

It's also good to see there are still some hobbyist electronics magazines with serious content!

I read the "01B" as an upside down "810". Hard to read if it is a "B" or an "8"
It's rather more obviously a B on some of the others like it -- there are 7 groups of 3 like that on the board -- *once* you realise that B is a legitimate value for it to be.

It's just really hard to photograph without a proper macro lens or microscope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back