Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

i have a lot of 2716 EPROMS from SGS and i vould like to use some of them in some simple led circuits.....
the problem is that i dont have a programmer and i need to figure a sim ple way to program them....maybe via the parlalel pc port i thought of uing a binary counter for the addresses and the data to ba inputed from the computer. i have some ideas but i dont have 2 much tim 2 build it, so it will need to be simple.

i am waithing for any sugestions from you, becaus i thpught of the whole project .......exept the programming..

so pleeeeeeease HELP a not so experienced guy.

This is a good programmer.
**broken link removed**

hey, i fpund this link...but the programmer is just fo 2764 to 512, but i need for 2716...witch is much older, but hte idea is that 2k of data how much it stores is too much, so if i used bigger capacity EPROMs i will have to live a big part of it blanc, anyvay what i want to do with it is a simple LED project, i have 32 leds and i want to command them with data from EPROM, but the sequence is not lonk, so i will program it more than one time into the eprom....

but THANKS anywaj and A HAPPY NEW YEAR to all moderators.

You can easily modify the above given programmer for 2716. Only a few modifications are required.

i know i can modify it, but still its 2 complicated, so i dont have time to build it, an the pcb it's quite hard and time-taking to build, so i'll try to build something else..anyway, thanks and happy new year!!!

I searched all the schematics I had for EPROM programmer but none of them supports 2716 since its an very old EPROM and now disappeared from the market.
Instead of building above programmer on PCB you can put the components on a VERO board. The connections are not very tough. This is the most simplest EPROM programmer I have ever found and I have tested it myself. It works good.

I found a few more which can help
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed** (Don't know which language it is)

hey thanks....
the second one supports 2716, and it doesnt mool much complicated, but i dont know what the 2 ic's are for, i will search the net....
anyway how did u find them, i searched with google and i looked at every link from 15 pages, at least and couldnt find anything
i think that it is in french, ill try to do something from that, but still i dont know anything about programming, so ill start reading.....
THANKS

I found it from Google itself. Actually you have to specify the main keywords to get relevant pages.
The IC 8243 is a I/O Expander chip which is much better than 8255 PPIs. It supports both reading and writing a port using its inbuilt instructions without resetting the port as it is the case with 8255 (you can either read a port or write to it).
As far as I know datasheet of 8243 is found on hardly two sites. Try google and if you are lucky enough you may find it or else let me know I'll mail it to you. :)

I think the two sites kinjalgp said are the same. But if you still didn't get it, here is one:

**broken link removed**

bogdanfirst said:
hey thanks....
the second one supports 2716, and it doesnt mool much complicated, but i dont know what the 2 ic's are for, i will search the net....
anyway how did u find them, i searched with google and i looked at every link from 15 pages, at least and couldnt find anything
i think that it is in french, ill try to do something from that, but still i dont know anything about programming, so ill start reading.....
THANKS
>>
> would you please share the circuit with me
> I need one as you need the programmer too
> thank you
> mikronik@mdn.prima.net.id

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back