Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

25mA output from PIC16F628

Status
Not open for further replies.
boxer4 said:
I've never read Nijel's tutorials :rolleyes: but yes, you can get away with not adding them if you write your software a certain way.

It's a REALLY bad idea though, a PIC isn't specifically current limited to 25mA, it's rated at taking no more than 25mA from it - using resistors is good practice, for good reasons - use them!!!.

done right, I guess a PWM approach could work but Nigel is absolutely right - bad idea. What's a resistor cost?

bananasiong, yes, it does have something to do with the input voltage. see my earlier post. Total watts dissipated is a product of (Vin-Vout) * average current. Heat produced is a function of dissipated watts. Reducing Vin reduces dissipated watts and thus reduces heat.

On the subject of 9V batteries. This is a bad idea in general since you are wasting 4/9 of the energy and a 9V battery has very little capacity to start with. Unless you like replacing the battery frequently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back