Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24VDC LED lighting systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the following JLS2.1 24VDC lighting system amenable for use as a general office lighting system?....

**broken link removed**

one small light you move around in every room Vs having the whole room illuminated
Youve hit the nail on the head....!... thats it.....that IS the future of lighting. Thats why systems like the JLS2.1 are the future of lighting.

Dont worry about having only one small light in a room, say....youll soon get used to it......when the oil runs out the cost of electricity will be so high youll be glad of this....keep your bills down.

My electricity does not come from oil. Mine comes from the big wind farm a few miles from my house and the hydroelectric plant in our state and the coal fired plants of which we have enough wind water and coal to run my state for an indefinite period of time.

That and my state is sitting on enough oil to run the US all by itself for another century or more.

Point is for me my electricity will never get so expensive I will only want one small light in a room. It's not 1813 here and I will not live by candlelight like it is. :p

If the cost of living someplace is to high to actually live there thats not my problem. IT's the problem of those who don't move away to someplace cheaper and more favorable to live.

Youve hit the nail on the head....!... thats it.....that IS the future of lighting
Methinks you'll have a hard job persuading Joe Public to keep shifting a light around a room. He's basically lazy and would sooner live with the marginally lower efficiency (if indeed it is lower) of whole-room lighting.

the JLS2.1 panders to his laziness......its very very easy to move the light from one part of the tracking to another.
...and in an office, his building manager will insist that he uses the office lighting efficiently.

See, the USA is polluting the world by burning old-fashioned coal. Most of the smoke comes here to Canada (cough, cough). China also burns coal.
In Canada the electricity is cleanly produced by waterfalls (Niagara Falls), nuclear and windmills. We sell our unused electricity to USA. We dismantled the old coal generating stations.

Electricity is expensive only in a few countries that add a huge tax to its cost. Also maybe their cost of living and pay is very low.
Here in Canada electricity is reliable and cheap.

A few years ago they changed all the traffic lights to efficient LEDs.
This year they changed all the street lights to efficient LEDs.

the JLS2.1 panders to his laziness......its very very easy to move the light from one part of the tracking to another.

My big lights in the middle of the room are even easier. I never have to touch or move them!

This year they changed all the street lights to efficient LEDs.

Are you sure they are LED based? I was just in Winnipeg a few weeks ago and the newer streetlights I saw there were the new induction lighting types. Better more natural light than LED plus far higher running wattages but with the same efficiency and long life expectancy.

Impressive just the same!

(Too bad they haven't fixed any of Canada's highways since I was last there as a little kid 35 years ago. The new lights really make the potholes, cracks, and missing sections of pavement they filled in with low grade gravel look even worse.):p

The new LED street lights have 16 or 20 very bright white LEDs.
The lights are not as bright as the old orange sodium vapour lights but they are bright enough.

Canadian highways take a beating with the salt to melt ice then it freezes and expands and breaks the surface of the highway that gets worse.
On my residential street now they spray salt water in winter which gets all over cars and house windows.

Attachments

• streetlights.png
    streetlights.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 136
In our state we use sand and highway department workers who don't know how to put their blades down. :p

Saves a lot of wear and tear on our roads if we keep the highway department workers off of them. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back