Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24v dc motor with plunger pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Thomas

Hi,

New on here. I will be undertaking a Toylander project which is a mini Landrover with electric motors for the kid. I haven't done elctronics since the mid 90's at GCSE so not too familiar with things. But anyway, I wanted to (as cheaply as possible) wire two 24v motors (180w) with a plunger pot as a throttle peddle speed control. I will have 2 12v car batteries wired in serial. The only plunger pots I can find are 5k. Will this be man enough for the job. I can't remember zip about resistance so apologies for that.

Or has anyone got a solution that would work (as cheaply as possible) that a complete novice could do?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for this. I haven't done anything like this since school so should be fun! Would you wire both motors in the place where you have shown the one or separate circuits for both.
Many thanks

The circuit shown drives a 150w motor, so maybe 2 of the circuits are right for your needs, if you connect pin 3 of each '494 together, and of course the grounds you'll be able to control both motors from the one pot.
Loading the 5k pot with 2 inputs which are not particularly high impedance on the '494 might make things non linear, but I think for a kids truck it'd still work fine.

Thats great, i'll give it a go. It'll be a few weeks before i get things up and running but i'll let you know how i get on. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back