Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

239vac to 9vac power supply.need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

illu5i0n

Hi people,I'm new here.I need to build a power supply that transforms the socket voltage( 230Vac) to 9vac at 2000mA currency.

I'm kinda newbie to electronics (second year of studies at my university) and i dont know how exactly to build it.

I suppose that it will not need any inverters etc. and bridges because it only lowers the voltage.

If anyone here can guide me to build it,i will appriciate it very much.:)

Hi people,I'm new here.I need to build a power supply that transforms the socket voltage( 230Vac) to 9vac at 2000mA currency.

I'm kinda newbie to electronics (second year of studies at my university) and i dont know how exactly to build it.

I suppose that it will not need any inverters etc. and bridges because it only lowers the voltage.

If anyone here can guide me to build it,i will appriciate it very much.:)

hi,
You need a 230Vac to 9Vac transformer, rated at 20 to 25VA, for 2Amps.

Whats you location.?

Im from Greece.why? :p

by the way how much does this transformer cost?i will ask it at a shop with those specs?

Last edited:
Im from Greece.why? :p

by the way how much does this transformer cost?i will ask it at a shop with those specs?

Why, is so that we can suggest a local supplier.!

You can buy that in the UK for about £5 to £7 pounds.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
thank you very much:) (but this one supplies only 1.1 Amps hmmm)

so now all i have to do is buy one of these and make an additional circuit?does it need any resistors or capacitors? and fuses?

Last edited:
It has two 1.1A windings that can be connected in parallel to give 2.2A.

so now all i have to do is buy one of these and make an additional circuit?does it need any resistors or capacitors? and fuses?
No additional circuit is required.

If you're concerned about short circuits then you can add a fuse or polyswitch to the secondary.

Hello
I am also a new user I have join this site today with my very small experinc I think That your device can be formed by simply a step down transformer if you don't have to chang it into dc you don't need rectifire.Reply me I am online
___
{N}

hi,:)
Perhaps it would be best, if you told us what the 9V is going to power, what is its purpose.?

Last edited:
it's going to power an effects pedal board for guitar.i think that the pedalboard has it's own fuse..but i think it wouldn't be a problem if i added an extra fuse at the power supply.:)

it's going to power an effects pedal board for guitar.i think that the pedalboard has it's own fuse..but i think it wouldn't be a problem if i added an extra fuse at the power supply.:)

Are you sure the pedal board will accept 9V 'ac' and it does not require 9V 'dc'.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back